Cytown, the metaverse presently being developed underneath South Korean software program developer Hancom and native social media service Cyworld Z, not too long ago obtained the inexperienced gentle from Google to launch a cellular app on the Playstore.
See associated article: Be sort, rewind! South Korea’s Cyworld is again in Internet 3.0 avatar
- Hancom will launch the Cytown metaverse after it finishes linking its system with Cyworld Z, in keeping with native media studies.
- Cyworld Z is a revamped social media platform in South Korea that was vastly fashionable within the nation across the mid-2000s.
- The unique Cyworld had 32 million customers at one level, however its recognition withered with the arrival of cellular social media companies reminiscent of Fb and Twitter.
- Whereas Cyworld Z’s social media app launched again in April, it introduced that it’s going to additional evolve its platform utilizing cryptocurrencies, the metaverse and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- The Cytown metaverse will recreate Cyworld Z’s interactive social platform in 3D, with its personal financial system consisting of Dotori, the cryptocurrency issued by Cyworld.
- Cytown continues to be awaiting approval from Apple’s App Retailer.
- In the meantime, South Korea is growing its stake within the metaverse — earlier this 12 months, its science ministry introduced a US$185 million funding to construct the nation’s metaverse ecosystem.
See associated article: South Korea locations $185M guess on the metaverse
Leave a Reply