Yahoo will host digital live shows and exhibitions that includes celebrities and influencers for Hong Kong residents on the Decentraland metaverse, the corporate introduced on Wednesday.
See associated story: Hong Kong’s subway operator plans digital station in metaverse
- Yahoo can be launching a non-fungible token (NFT) exhibition known as The Abyss of Kwun Tong to recreate previous Kwun Tong, a historic neighborhood that has been altered by years of redevelopment, the South China Morning Put up reported.
- The flexibility to recreate real-life areas and experiences within the metaverse might be a lovely promoting level to Hong Kongers, as a destructive Covid take a look at mandate to enter public venues together with bars and golf equipment kicked in on Thursday.
- On Tuesday, Fb operator Meta introduced its plans to collaborate with native cafe chains, faculties and artwork establishments to trial metaverse experiences and applied sciences in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kongers have been familiarized with NFT and blockchain know-how via artwork exhibitions and neighborhood gatherings.
- Decentraland’s cryptocurrency MANA is up 10% over the previous 24 hours, in line with knowledge from CoinGecko.
See associated story: Hong Kong’s Ocean Park brings digital points of interest to The Sandbox metaverse