The Chinese language tech giants lead a listing of the nation’s high 200 firms with probably the most potential within the metaverse, in accordance with wealthy listing compiler Hurun Report. To be eligible, corporations wanted to have a market capitalization of US$1 billion or extra.
See associated article: ‘Metaverse’ enters authorities radar at China’s Two Classes
- Along with the tech giants like Tencent, the highest 20 firms additionally embody state-owned telecom operators China Cellular and China Telecom, video streamers Mango Glorious Media and iQiyi, synthetic intelligence-focused agency SenseTime, and massive information service supplier Inspur.
- Eight firms within the high 200 listing are labeled as having benefits in blockchain, together with Alibaba’s affiliate Ant Group, JD.com, and Bitmain.
- A couple of digital actuality and augmented actuality (VR & AR) headset producers are listed, together with Apple suppliers Goertek, Thundersoft, Sunny Optical and Rockchip.
- Hu Run, the founding father of writer Hurun China, mentioned the prevailing computing, storage, and community infrastructure continues to be unable to realize a totally immersive expertise, which is why a couple of third of the corporations on the listing are chipmakers and information companies suppliers.
- Hu mentioned the listing is to let extra folks know which Chinese language firms have probably the most potential within the metaverse.
- In response to the listing, half of the highest 200 firms are headquartered in Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen, with Beijing having 55 corporations.
See associated article: China’s largest brokerage says the metaverse shall be popularized in twenty years